Recent News Stories
- Civil Justice Magazine - Interview with Attorney Michael Ponterio
December 14, 2012
In the following video interview, Lipsitz & Ponterio attorney Michael Ponterio discusses a recent jury verdict in a mesothelioma case.
- Slate Article: Canada’s Breathtaking Hypocrisy on Asbestos
June 30, 2011
Canada is removing asbestos from politicians’ offices while exporting it by the ton.
- The Star Article: PM's Callous Pitch for Votes
April 28, 2011
Prime Minister Stephen Harper has just set a new low in trolling for votes, with a shamelessly self-serving campaign stop in Asbestos, Quebec, home to one of the country’s most notorious exports.
- Buffalo Law Journal Article - Intern Program Works
January 20, 2011
- Public Justice News Story - Proposed Settlement with CBS & Toy Retailers to Give Refunds for 'CSI' Toy Fingerprint Kits That May Contain Asbestos
July 1, 2009
Public Justice and the Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization announced on July 1, 2009 that a proposed settlement of a nationwide class action against CBS Broadcasting, Inc. and major toy retailers, if approved, will give cash refunds to consumers and effectively implement a nationwide recall of toy science kits, based on the popular “CSI” television drama series, that may contain asbestos.
- New York Times Article - Ex-Grace Officials on Trial in Asbestos Poisoning
February 19, 2009
A reckoning in one of American history’s worst industrial disasters, which unfolded here over seven decades as an asbestos-tainted mineral was dug from the ground and processed, begins Thursday when five former mine executives go to trial on federal criminal charges.